To apply for membership, please download and complete the Membership Application Form
Once completed, please mail it along with a cheque for your payment to:
Holdfast Model Aero Club
PO Box 94
O’Halloran Hill SA 5158
If you wish to pay by direct deposit, the Club’s bank details are:
BSB: 735 212
Acct #: 556059
Name: Holdfast Model Aero Club
Please ensure that you use your name as the reference for the bank deposit and, if possible, email a copy of the receipt to our Treasurer, John Boath, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to clearly identify your deposit will result in lengthy delays verifying your payment.
Fees are comprised of the following components:
- Joining Fee – a one-time charge for new membership applications
- MASA & MAAA Fees – Annual or pro rated cost of affiliation with Model Aerosport SA (MASA) and insurance cover via the Model Aeronautical Association of Australia (MAAA)
- Club Fee – the annual or pro rated fee for continued HMAC membership
The membership year commences on July 1 each year. However, pro rata fees apply from January 1 through June 30.
(You can view the full year fees by clicking here)
If you join the Club this month, the fees are as per the following table.
|MASA + MAAA Fees||$88.00||$88.00||$44.00|
|HMAC Club Fee||$215.00||$185.00||$45.00|
If you require the HMAC newsletters by post, there is an additional annual charge of $10.00
If you are contemplating joining the Club in December, March or June, we suggest you visit the field on a Sunday morning and speak to one of our committee members or an instructor. They will help you go through the joining process in a way that may save you paying more than you need.
- The joining fee is $100 maximum for the whole family**. For example,
if a father joins ($100), and later his 19-year-old son joins, there is no additional joining fee for the son.
- A Junior is under 18. He is classed as a junior for the whole year (1 July to 30 June) in which he turns 18, even if that was as early as 1st July.
- An ex-HMAC Member who is re-applying for membership does not have to pay another joining fee.
** Family members must reside in the same household to qualify for the $100 maximum joining fee